Leica has officially announced the new SL2 and you can preorder it for $5,995 at BHphoto.
Preorders will open in mid November at BHphoto.
The product page can be found here and this is the press text:
Sigma Announces New 24-70mm F2.8 DG DN Art Zoom Lens for Full Frame Mirrorless Cameras; Available in Sony E-mount and L-mount
Sigma Corporation today made the following announcement:
Launch of the 24-70mm F2.8 DG DN Art Zoom lens for full frame mirrorless cameras, leveraging the top-level Art zoom performance, featuring:
- Best-in-class optical performance
- Compatibility with the latest full-frame mirrorless camera bodies
- Flexibility for various uses and photographic environments
Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 DG DN Art Lens
This second newly-designed Art zoom lens from Sigma is a large-aperture standard zoom for full-frame mirrorless camera systems and is available in Sony E-mount and L-mount. The Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 offers best-in-class performance due to a sophisticated optical design that delivers high resolution throughout the entire zoom range. This new Art zoom lens from Sigma follows the debut of the lauded 14-24mm F2.8 DG DN Art zoom for mirrorless cameras.
The Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 DG DN Art lens exerts superiority in mirrorless camera-dedicated designs, resulting in a reduced lens size and weight while achieving uniformity and high resolution from the center to the periphery throughout the zoom range. Compatibility with the latest mirrorless camera bodies and functions assists in various photographic environments and meets the high demands of both professional and advanced amateur photographers.
Key features include:
- Best-in-class optical performance. The F2.8 Art flagship zoom lens series is developed to achieve superior optical performance. By employing three aspheric lenses, this zoom lens thoroughly subdues aberrations such as axial chromatic aberration or sagittal coma aberrations, which are difficult to correct in post-processing, tailors the resolution and achieves uniformity and superior optical performance from the center to the periphery throughout the zoom range. In addition to Super Multi-Layer Coating, Sigma’s proprietary Nano Porous Coating is employed to achieve high-contrast and clear image quality. This lens is designed to be less affected by strong incident light such as flare.
- Ensuring compatibility with the latest full-frame mirrorless camera bodies. The Sigma 24–70mm F2.8 DG DN ensures compatibility with various types of the latest full-frame mirrorless camera bodies for Sony E-mount and L-mount, (including the new Sigma fp camera), capable of exerting the best performance under any photographic circumstances.
- Flexibility for various uses and photographic environments. Featuring a dust and splash-proof body and zoom lock mechanism for preventing the lens barrel from extending unexpectedly, the 24-70mm F2.8 meets a wide range of needs for a variety of photographic environments. The maximum magnifications are 1:2.9 at the wide-angle end and 1:4.5 at the telephoto end, which provides a wider range of expression for close-up photography. The minimum focusing distance is 18 cm at the wide-angle end.
- Zoom lock switch
- Lens hood with a lock
- Mount with dust- and splash-proof structure
- Compatible with the Lens Aberration Correction
- Available Mount conversion service
- Designed to minimize flare and ghosting
- Evaluation with Sigma’s own MTF measuring system: A1
- 11-blade rounded diaphragm
- High-precision, rugged brass bayonet mount
- “Made in Japan” craftsmanship
The Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 DG DN Art will be available in L-mount and Sony E-mount in mid-November 2019 through authorized US dealers. Pricing will be announced at a later date.
For full product details and technical specifications as well as press imagery, please refer to the official press release here.
More details are available at: http://www.sigma-global.com/en/lenses/cas/concept.
Panasonic Releases Firmware Update Programs for the LUMIX S1R, S1, GH5, GH5S and G9
Newark, NJ (November 6, 2019) – Panasonic is proud announce firmware update programs for the LUMIX Digital Single Lens Mirrorless cameras including the S1R/ S1 (S Series), GH5/GH5S/G9 (G Series) and application software to enhance functions and usability. All programs will be available at the LUMIX Global Customer Support website https://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com/support/global/cs/dsc/ on November 19, 2019.
LUMIX Full-frame Mirrorless Camera
S1R Firmware Version 1.3 / S1 Firmware Version 1.3
1. Expanded media compatibility
・Compatibility with CFexpress Type B card: A CFexpress Type B card boasts a theoretical performance of a maximum of 2,000 Mbps. Realizing an approximately 300% higher transfer speed than that of a conventional XQD card, it supports large-volume photos and videos.
2. Expanded compatibility with Profoto wireless transmitters
・Ability to use Profoto wireless transmitters “Air Remote TTL-O/P” and “Profoto Connect-O/P”, enabling wireless connection and control of external strobes for professional shooting.
* All functions may not be available depending on the situation.
3. Improved compatibility with Sigma interchangeable lenses and mount converter
・Ability to assign functions to the Fn buttons of Sigma L-Mount interchangeable lenses.
・The performance of Body I.S. (Image Stabilizer) when attaching a lens using the Sigma MC-21 mount converter has been enhanced by suppressing roll movement.
4. Improved compatibility with Panasonic interchangeable lenses
・Assignment of functions to the lens Fn buttons when the Panasonic LUMIX S PRO 70-200mm F2.8 O.I.S. (S-E70200) is mounted.
5. Improved AF performance
・[AF+MF] can be used in AFC mode.
・Setting continuous AF on the live view screen in Creative Video mode or in other video recording modes when the video recording area is displayed.
6. Improved performance of High-Speed Video
・Ability to manually set the exposure according to the video exposure mode (P/A/S/M) in High- Speed Video mode.
7. Other major improvements*
・Ability to select the card slot to save the JPEG images developed by in-camera RAW processing.
・An Fn button can be used for checking the aperture effect.
・User can disable any physical operation by assigning the action to an Fn button.
・AF Assist Light is now on the Focus tab of the Video menu.
・The luminance level of photos (including 6K/4K Photo and Post Focus images) can be preset when played back over HDMI output.
・ Ability to lock (with the [AF/AE LOCK] button) when ISO Auto is set in M mode.
・Previously, some users experienced a blue clipping effect in V-Log recording. This problem has been improved.
・Afterimages occurred in V-Log recording for some users. This problem has been improved.
*For more details on the update program, please refer to the firmware update information page of each model to be released on November 19, 2019.
LUMIX Micro Four Thirds Mirrorless Camera
GH5 Firmware Version 2.6 / GH5S Firmware Version 1.4 / G9 Firmware Version 2.0
1. Expanded compatibility with Profoto wireless transmitters (All)
・Ability to use Profoto wireless transmitters “Air Remote TTL-O/P” and “Profoto Connect-O/P.”
* All functions may not be available depending on the situation.
2. Improved AF performance
・[Animal Detect] has been added to AF mode. Utilizing Advanced AI Technology, animals, including cats, dogs and birds, can be detected in addition to humans. The focus frame is automatically set on the target subject by analyzing the size and position of the target subject in the viewing image. The camera continues tracking these subjects even when they turn their back to the camera.
・It is possible to switch the subject to focus on by pressing the joystick in [Face/Eye/Body/Animal Detect] mode.
All・[AF-ON: Near Shift] and [AF-ON: Far Shift] functions have been added. [AF-ON: Near Shift] preferably focuses on a subject nearby while [AF-ON: Far Shift] preferably focuses on a subject far away.
・A Focus Peaking function is available in MF and any AF modes.
・Continuous AF capability is available on the live view screen in Creative Video mode or in other video recording modes when the video recording area is displayed.
3. Enhanced video functions (G9)
・4K 30p/25p 4:2:2 10-bit internal recording is supported.
・4K 60p/50p 4:2:2 10-bit HDMI output is supported.
・Luminance level for 10-bit video is supported.
・VFR (Variable Frame Rate) shooting is supported (FHD 2-180 fps/4K 2-60 fps).
・HDR video recording is supported.
・V-Log L recording and Waveform Monitor (WFM) are available with the Upgrade Software Key DMW-SFU1 (sold separately).
4. Other major improvements*
・[AWBw] has been added to WB mode.
・[Highlight Weighted] has been added to [Metering mode].
・[Exposure Offset Adjust] has been added to the Custom menu, which enables the user to adjust the standard exposure value for all metering modes.
・[0.5SEC] has been added for an option of [Duration Time (photo)] in [Auto Review].
・AE can be locked with the [AF/AE LOCK] button when ISO Auto is set in M mode.
・[MODE1] has been added to the Live View Boost function, which increases the frame rate for smooth image displays to enable easier manual focusing.
・[MODE2] has been added to High Resolution mode, which reduces the subject’s motion blur.
*For more details of the update program, please refer to the firmware update information page of each model to be released on November 19, 2019.
LUMIX Sync Ver1.0.4
・Wireless connection (operation) with GH5/GH5S/G9 is supported.
This will be the price of the two new Panasonic L lenses that will be announced within hours. You can find images of the lenses here: drive.google.com
And there are also new leaked Leica SL2 images you can download here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1wUZDZmjfn2L4WpzrdGF4C-_uT_9b4J0k