Panasonic Corporation has developed the 8K camera system equipped with the world’s first * 1 8K organic sensor. We plan to launch it in the fall of 2019 ※ 2 .
8K Multipurpose Camera AK – SHB 810 is a compact, lightweight, box – type camera that uses a PL lens mount. Equipped with 8K organic sensor which will be the first in the world * 1 . Efficient photoelectric conversion and charge accumulation are achieved at the same time by laminated structure using organic thin film for photoelectric conversion part. We realized a wide dynamic range corresponding to light / dark difference with 8K high resolution, global shutter without skew distortion and flash band * 3 , electronic ND filter function.
8K / 4K / HD video output is possible from the camera unit and the image processing unit AK – SHU 810 connected with optical fiber cable. We can accommodate a wide range of applications for broadcasting and video production, thanks to versatility of 8K video image and compact and light multi-purpose camera more than before.
We have been developing and providing 8K devices, including the release of 8K Super Hi-Vision recorder AJ – ZS 0580 last year. Looking ahead to 2020, we will continue to develop 4K / 8K devices / systems that can withstand actual operation, support high image quality of broadcast production and efficiency of broadcasting services, and contribute to the development of the broadcasting industry.
This reference machine will be exhibited to the International Broadcast Equipment Exhibition “Inter BEE 2018” held in Makuhari Messe, Chiba prefecture from Wednesday, November 14, 2018 to Friday, November 16, 2018.
- * 1: As of October 2018, we looked into our company. As an image processing sensor of accumulation structure using organic thin film for photoelectric conversion part.
- ※ 2: We will receive about half a year from order receipt to delivery.
- * 3: The global shutter operates only when the shutter speed is faster than 1/120.
- 8K high resolution realizes wide dynamic range corresponding to light / dark difference
- Skew distortion and flash band are prevented by global shutter (simultaneous exposure of all pixels)
- A simple electronic ND filter function is installed, and freedom of shooting is improved
- Panasonic Corporation Connected Solutions Company Media Entertainment Division Marketing Center Product Marketing Department Market Communication Division
- TEL: 06 – 6905 – 4640 (direct)