In his latest LUMIX live-session, Sean Robinson did place another easter egg. While picking up a card reader that “accidentally” fell to the ground, he showed a printing on the back of his t-shirt: “S1CK A.F.”
Likely a hint for a new camera with phase detection AF? Sean did a similar “eater egg” action before the GH6 launch. And I guess this time he is doing it for a new S camera!
We will not only get a new Sigma 50mm f/1.2 and f/2.0 lens. But also this nice zoom:
- 16-28mm F2.8 DG DN | Contemporary
・ Lens configuration: 16 elements in 11 groups
・ Shortest shooting distance: 25cm
・ Maximum shooting magnification: 1: 5.6
・ Number of aperture blades: 9 (circular aperture)
・ Filter diameter: 72mm
・ Size : Φ77.2 x 100.6mm (E mount version is 102.6mm)
・ Weight: 450g
・ Mount: L mount ・ Sony E mount
Announcement should happen within the next 3-4 weeks!
Asobinet, who spotted the patent, says [google translated]:
Looking at the lens configuration, it is very similar to the 18-50mm f/2.8 DC DN (not 100% match). Perhaps F2 zoom was one of the options during the examination stage of practical use lenses. However, now that F2.8 zoom has appeared, it seems unlikely that F2 zoom will see the light of day.
- [Public number] P2022038820
- [Name of invention] Large aperture zoom lens
- [Dapplication date] 2020-08-27
- [Applicant] [Identification number] 000131326
[Name or name] Sigma Corporation
- [Issue] We provide a small large aperture zoom lens that is suitable for digital cameras and video lenses, with good aberrations and can be used for quick focus operation.
-  This invention is based on a positive lead zoom lens for the above challenges, suitable for digital cameras and video lenses, with good aberrations, and quick focus movement, small large apertures. The purpose is to provide a lens.
- Focal length: 18.50-48.50
- F value: 1.94-2.10
- Angle of view: 77.86-31.58
- Statue height: 14.20
- Total length: 115.36-137.89
Panasonic Yamane commented as follows from around 1:10:50 (google translation)
“GH6″ was made by a strange person (developer), so I would appreciate it if you could say that it is strange. ” Next S ” is also made by a strange person (developer) now.
Translated more properly, the same GH6 designers will make the next S camera.